9. Everyone who said I’d get used to, even enjoy, having Jack at school all day was wrong. It still sucks.
8. There is incredible freedom in having both of your beloved sports teams in the gutter. Once you stop throwing things at the television.
7. Bad things happen to people we love. To us. But the silver lining is that when the chips are down, you find out who your true friends are. The ones who know everything about you, who don’t even see your faults, and would actually walk through fire for you. And the gift of that kind of love is irreplaceable.
6. Corollary: Family is everything. And family doesn’t just mean your blood line. It’s also the family you have chosen along the way.
5. Legos are fucking awesome. Which is a good thing, since there are about 4 billion of them in my house right now.
4. I am still a sucker for anything orange. Anything.
3. When used appropriately and sparingly, hashtags are funny. Especially when they come from a 4 year old with a really dry sense of humor.
2. If your pants are covered in dirt and torn at the knee, it’s been a really good day.
1. I can finally throw a perfect spiral. Some of the time.